Summer Jobs at Christian Day Camps
Summer by Summer the challenge of good camping versus best camping is within efforts to recruit the very best counselors possible to guide, protect, and influence in wholesome ways campers in their care.
There are numerous ways to discover hopefully, the best counselors. Some of these ways follow and you may know many other ways to add to the list. The list below are suggestions , other than the usual ways of internet, agencies, newspaper, local children’s publications, and even radio.
- Once you discover an outstanding youth, ask for recommendations for others of like personality, talent, and skills. Chances are names of friends and acquaintances will gladly be shared. Never assume , however, they will meet your standards until you have conducted a thorough interview and received references.
- Personally call college personnel or high school guidance counselors for references or suggestions of outstanding graduates of the recent years. Often they will send out information themselves to assist their graduates in discovering jobs.
- Students preparing for early childhood majors are often requested by their professors to work in a summer camp for experience in their major field. Contact persons you know planning for this field or contact their colleges or universities for recommendations of students in your area. Contact youth leaders or campus workers with youth for suggestions.
- Follow up with parents who know outstanding baby sitters or nannies who are interested in working with children.
- Prepare small posters to send to colleges or to post in significant places with basic information about your job openings.
- Perhaps the greatest recruitment is that of prayer for the discovery of the counselors to guide the particular children that only God knows will be registering for your camp.